Two weeks ago I shared the Pastakia family recipe for a masala paste used to cook fish. The flavours are intense and strong and I have found that the masala itself can be used in a variety of ways. This week I will show you how to use it to cook a rich and decadent prawn dish that is perfect as a starter when you have guests as it is so quick to put together.
Serves 4 as a starter
- A thin slice of butter
- 1 tablespoon masala paste
- 150 grams raw tiger prawns
- 5g of coriander
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the masala paste and stir so that it mixes with the butter. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Turn the cooker to a medium heat and add the prawns. Stir well and let them cook.
- As the prawns start to turn pink add the coriander and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Once cooked serve immediately.