Last week I gave you the instructions for a masala paste that my dad's family use for cooking fish. I don't eat much fish and so I have found other ways to utilise this mouth-watering concoction. This week I am going to give you the instructions for masala garlic bread. Essentially it is like garlic bread but with an Indian twist.
Serves 2 as a side dish
- 1 small French baguette
- 50 grams butter - softened
- 1/2 tablespoon of masala paste
- 10 grams fresh coriander - chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade.
- Using a sharp knife, make diagonal incisions about 3cm apart, as if you were slicing the loaf but without cutting right through.
- In a bowl mix the butter, masala paste and coriander together and spread into the incisions in the bread.
- Wrap the bread in foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Now open the foil and cook for a further 5 mins to give a crusty finish.
- Serve immediately.