Home » , , » Sapodilla (chikoo) milkshake

Sapodilla (chikoo) milkshake

Written By Reena on 3 Jun 2011 | 05:00


The fruit of the sapodilla (known as chikoo or chiku in India)  looks like a brown kiwi fruit and has a dry caramel flavour.  The last time I was in India my cousin's wife Aarti made me a chikoo milkshake.  I remember loving the combination of caramel and malt flavours and thought I would share it with you.  It is completely different to anything you will have tasted previously and so I hope you take the time to seek it out.

Serves 2


Ingredients
  • 2 sapodillas - peeled, deseeded and quartered
  • 250 millilitres milk
  • 2 teaspoons caster sugar
  • 1 scoop vanilla icecream 
Method
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Serve immediately. 



SHARE

About Reena

5 comments :

  1. Hi coconut mushroom, lovely to hear from you. Glad you like the blog. Take care. Reena

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love chickoo milkshake....haven't had it in ages !! love your blog design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Spoonful of YUMM. I'm looking forward to trying your paneer methi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Milk-Shake. You are very welcome. Reena

    ReplyDelete