Mango lassi

Written By Reena on 19 Nov 2010 | 05:00


Historically, given the choice between salty lassi or mango lassi I have always picked the former.  This is probably because sweet lassis are not typical to Gujarat and so seem slightly wrong to me.  Last week however, my office hosted a Diwali party and in between henna painting and a head massage I enjoyed my first mango lassi.

The recipe below is my version of the drink.  It is a question of balancing the taste of the yoghurt with that of the mango and vanilla.  Feel free to play with the quantities until you are happy but the guidelines below seem like a good balance to me.



Serves 2


Ingredients
  • 200 millilitres smooth natural yogurt
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 275 grams ripe mango - peeled, destoned and cubed
  • 2-3 drops vanilla essence
Method
  1.  Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
  2. Serve immediately. 
SHARE

About Reena

0 comments :

Post a Comment