Cherry and ginger fizz

Written By Reena on 30 Dec 2011 | 05:00


When going to parties Steve and I take it in turns to drive so that the other one can drink.  At first glance this appears very democratic.  However whenever it is Steve's turn to drive this is what usually happens:
  • We arrive at our host's home, thirsty after a long drive in London traffic
  • We both request a glass of water to quench our thirst
  • A short while later our (invariably attentive) host will ask us if we would like another drink
  • Before I can respond, Steve will ask if I mind driving tonight as there is a particularly tasty beer/ whisky/ homebrew he would like to try
  • I, being a people pleaser (AKA mug) will agree to drive and so spend the rest of the evening drinking orange juice or water.  Yawn.
So whenever we host a party or meal I try to offer interesting drinks to the non-drinkers.  This non-alcoholic cocktail is fruity and sparkling but the ginger beer gives it a grown up edge.  I thought I would share it with you so that you can ensure that your tee-total guests feel festive and loved.

Wishing you all a very happy, peaceful and healthy 2012.

Serves 1

Ingredients
  • 15 millilitres lime juice
  • 150 millilitres cold cherry juice
  • 100 millilitres cold ginger beer
To garnish
  • A slice of lime
Method
  1. Place all the ingredients in a tall glass and stir well.
  2. Garnish with a slice of lime.
  3. Serve immediately.
SHARE

About Reena

2 comments :

  1. The first thing that struck me are your beautiful pictures...you have such talent! This is a very pretty blog you have here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BeetleBuggy. Steve and I try very hard with the photos but food photography is proving tricky! All the best. Reena

    ReplyDelete