My family is pickle, sauce and condiment obsessed. We love anything that enhances the flavours of a dish or quite simply sets our tastebuds alight. You can only imagine my excitement when I discovered pickled chillies in a Thai restaurant. I have started making them at home so that I can eat these chillies at any time.
I used birds eye chillies for this recipe which are commonly found in South-East Asia. They are extremely hot and at one time were thought to be the world's hottest chilli although hotter varieties have since been identified. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 30 grams birds eye chillies (red and/ or green) - finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small clean jar.
- Place the jar in the fridge and leave for 2 days.
- Serve with your favourite savoury foods.
- Use within 3 weeks.
I just read an article about growing your own chillies now I know what to do with them when they are ready :)
Hi Jimmy. Good luck with the chilli growing! Whenever I have tried to grow them they have ended up covered in white flies! Take care. ReenaReplyDelete