If you are only going to try one of my recipes, I recommend this one. It is subtle, tender and elegant. In essence it is the Audrey Hepburn of this blog.
To serve 2 people
- 1cm square of ginger
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of coriander-cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Small handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 ml of fresh natural yogurt
- 2 small skinless chicken breast fillets
- Peel the ginger and finely grate it into a bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic, turmeric, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, salt, chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander and oil and mix together thoroughly trying to remove any lumps.
- Add the yogurt and stir well.
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut into one inch pieces. Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture and ensure each piece of chicken is thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and put in the fridge to marinade for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken put the pieces on a baking tray and grill on a medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn the chicken regularly and try not to overcook it as with care it will be wonderfully moist.
- Serve immediately as a starter with yogurt and mint sauce and a salad of cherry tomatoes and finely chopped spring onions.
This dish tastes even better when cooked on the BBQ.